Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ah HA!!! Now i know how it was done!





NOW I see where Tom Crayns created this image from. As I was tooling around with Ultra Fractal 5 I found the almost identical image he used in the artwork that I selected back when class first started. Here I thought it was a painting done electronically with a lot of symmetrical color schemes, but all he did was take the Nova (Mandelbrot) formula and rotated it and probably doctored it up a bit and it was done. WOW! I thought there was so much more involved. I kind of feel cheated putting so much thought into it and how I believed there was a genuine appreciation for old literature and London fairy tails... but no... it's just a jazzed up fractal...

1 comment:

  1. Great connection you made... It just goes to show you that there is nothing new under the sun... a more wry way of putting it is ... creativity lies in hiding your sources...

    ReplyDelete