Thursday, February 25, 2010

Moca wk 4



The artist I chose for this submission is Dorothy Simpson Krause who's work is both traditional and digital. She's mixed media in that her technique encompasses transfering her digital images onto surfaces like wrinkled tin< plywood and tiles. She incorporates text also in her colage-like pieces. She creates alot of her work in book form and the process is very interesting. She scans the images onto paper and combines photos and text into the compositions that are placed in look book, and thats a simple explanaition. I enjoyed her works because I'm very into collage and printmaking processes as well as photography and her work really appealed to that. Visit her site: http://www.dotkrause.com/art/art.htm

2 comments:

  1. I have been following Ms. Kraus's work for several yeas after meeting her at a SIGGRAPH conference in Boston. She has been a real ground breaker and innovator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'm so inspired by her work!!! Glad that I found her.

    ReplyDelete