Friday, February 19, 2010

MOCA - Week 6











This week I chose artist Sebastian Marquez who lives in Stockholm Sweden. Here are four of his pixel paintings all painted with the help of a pressure-sensitive pen which he has mastered and the graphic program Painter and Paint Shop Pro. He has been painting with pixels for 14 years and studied art in Barcelona. I clicked on his website and found many more beautiful 3D paintings with Max, Poser, and Painter. He does a lot of nudes and from what I saw, and he distorts some of the faces and body parts on lots of his pictures. I chose a couple of nudes that did not show too much as not to offend anyone, but then again, this is art. Another picture is of a disco dance with many couples having a good time and of a "nude" lady in waiting at a table looking out the window which fascinated me. His work is considered impressionistic with exuberance of color and form. And, I agree.

2 comments:

  1. One question I have is how does the use of digital imaging enhance or bring something new to the table?

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 3D effect has a lot to do with enhancing the digital imaging. It stands/pops out at you - like you can reach out and touch it.

    ReplyDelete