Sunday, February 28, 2010

MOCA Week 7



Karim Bouchnak's image of Wish for Peace is a gorgeous piece that she used a fractal frame for. I was wondering as I looked through different MOCA pieces if we could combine fractals and grappas and photoshop elements together to make a total package image. I guess the answer is yes! I will have to try this before class ends and get it posted.


The message behind the artwork is pretty powerful, in that it says to me that the hands letting the bird go is a sign of peaceful constructive human beings that want nothing more than to have harmony in the world, while the tank with the soldier standing on top of it is showing us that there is someone willing to destroy good out there with the cannon pointed right at the bird.
His website was in German and I couldn't find any related links to his information or find a way to translate it, though I think I have a good idea as for his inspiration for the image since it speaks volumes to me and our class has opened us up to understanding the different art tools and how they work.


No comments:

Post a Comment