Sunday, February 21, 2010

MOCA6


"Light Leaks" by Dennis Sibeijn
more located here: www.damnengine.net


Sibeijn is a part time audio/video designer for Technicolor Netherlands. He uses photos (which he takes himself) and hand-made textures to create composite images. Sibeijn takes pride in the fact that his images are one-of-a-kind and expresses explicit views about the use and re-use of "stock images":
"I often read replies like 'great use of stock', I want to make clear I don't use stock, every element in my work has been photographed/painted/modelled by me. Personally I think stock will limit your creative abilities because you're dependent on the vision of someone else, for some this may work but not for me. It can take quite some effort and time to get the right shots for the right work."


click here for an interview with Dennis Sibeijn.

2 comments:

  1. Nice find... the leap of mind bending reality is a hallmark of surrealism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different type of artist with its own visual creativity. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete