Thursday, January 21, 2010

Andy "Dice" Warhol Project


My attempt at the project began with a portrait of Andrew Dice Clay. After many frustrating attempts to figure out how to add color to this image, when you first open a new document the color mode had to be set to RGB Color since I copied a Grayscale photo to draw on, the project went excellent. I used yellow for his skin because I picture people who smoke turning yellow from the old stories I used to hear in grade school. Then I added blue to his leather jacket since leather jackets are "cool" and blue is a cool color. Finally I added a funky green to the background to accentuate the black of his hair. The green also acts like a warning that this guy is a little out there and you might find him intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. Good to have figured out the RGB issue.... Nicely done...

    ReplyDelete