Saturday, January 23, 2010

MOCA - Week 2


The artist I’ve chosen for week two is Satoshi Matsuyama whom resides in Honolulu Hawaii. I share his passion of the beautiful landscapes of the Hawaiian Island and the open waters of the Pacific Ocean. His inspiration falls deep into his religious beliefs in reflecting the natural beauty of the earth in which God had intended to be seen. Majority of his artwork is based on nature, which focuses on the brilliant colors and lighting.

The piece I’ve chosen from his art portfolio is called “Blessed are the Pure in our Heartland.” The artist creates his masterpieces utilizing high tech electronics. Digital photos are taken utilizing a high-end digital camera called the Hasselbald H3D-39 camera. This camera has digital autofocus based on a 39 million pixel sensor. He enhances his digital photos using the digital tools in Adobe Photoshop CS4. His art work is captured on canvas utilizing a digital fine art printer HP designjet Z3200 44-in 12 –color photo printer.

His digital artwork takes my breath away.

2 comments:

  1. There is a reason they call this place paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto!! When I saw this picture, I was like, "this is truly paradise". My dream vacation is to go to Bora Bora and I feel this picture captures everything I belive it to be. After seeing this pic, I might have to choose this artist for one of my pieces.

    ReplyDelete