Wednesday, January 20, 2010

MOCA - Week 2


This week I chose artist Teddynash. I have to say that everyone of the 15 pieces that I viewed were quite interesting, but I particularly like this one. I like the way they are looking back at each other and both seem to be surprised like they have caught each other off guard. The man in the picture looks a little more refined and not as disheveled and the cartoon caricature looks like he wants to say “what’s your problem, why you looking at me like that”. He is not as polished as the man in the actual picture is as his hair is sticking up and his mustache is askew. But the more I look at this picture, I think this could be a self portrait of himself and he has to take a step back because he is a little surprised at what he sees. Teddynash is from Germany and brings wit, style and humor to his art work. He uses PhotoShop 7 and Picture It 3 and says, “Important is not perfect artworks, but expression of emotions.” I agree with this quote because I believe your emotions are a sign that tell you what really is going on around you. And looking at this picture, both seem quite surprised.

1 comment: