Friday, January 15, 2010



I was drawn to Peter McLane’s work. As I looked through the museum, I said to myself “this one looks like a Dali”. Having taken Spanish class in high school, my instructor introduced us to Salvador Dali, a Spanish painter. Funny, my art exposure was in Spanish class. So with little knowledge about Peter McLane, I began to research his background. Peter McLane is a French artist, who states influence by Dali. His work is created using Painter, a drawing program by Corel. He doesn’t scan or upload any images, creating his digital art with a Wacom Tablet. A Wacom Tablet is like an electronic notepad that you write or draw on with a stylus to control the cursor on your computer. These types of images really make you think about the intent. I feel that surreal works offer a glimpse in to the artist’s conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment