Sunday, January 10, 2010


"recreation of Adam" by Adam Martinakis
winner of CultureInside.com "rooted" international art competition.
Gallery Clairefontaine, Luxembourg 25 June-25 July 2009.


I chose to investigate an artist named Adam Martinakis. Adam uses softwares such as 3ds MAX and Photoshop to create these three dimensional images. Typically "3D" graphic software is used to create a three dimensional skeleton (or bare surface) to which an image is then applied to create the texture effect. Newer softwares utilize complex lighting effects to further assist the artist and create a seemingly real 3d effect. Martinakis's blog (http://adore-design.blogspot.com/) shows what can be done with this software both artistically and practically for the purposes of architectural design.
In Adam's words:
"I use graphic software like Photoshop ,3ds max and painter to create what I have in mind. There is no specific way or order in the way I work.I just let my feelings and thoughts guide me. I mix photographs, I paint on photographs. Or I begin painting from a white space ending up create digital 3d objects. There are times I like to take a picture, destroy it and recreate it through my own personal point of view but always trying to show something…it doesn't matter if it is important or not, for some it may be, for others not…It's a way of discovering things beyond their fenomenical presence…"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe,

    Nice find.... Thanks for the post. It is in the back of my mind to develop a 3-D computer design class someday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, well I'm the artist, found this blog by chance, great honor to be chosen Joe. Computer and rendered art is becoming more and more popular in the art field. It's true that in 3d space the only limit is imagination, really countless possibilities. It combines photography issues, sculpture, architecture and you can always move things in space for animation. I started 10 years ago and get every day more passionate...
    By the way this is nice blog.
    Greetings Adam.

    ReplyDelete