Sunday, January 31, 2010


This piece is by Gun Legler from Sweden. She went to art school for classic art studies i.e. pens, paper, paint… you know what I’m saying. The majority of her work is now in digital art. Gun prefers to work with PaintShopPro but does use Photoshop. Her work is pertinent to this week’s assignment because she focuses on the use of textures. As I looked through her gallery, I feel like I was staring at lost soul materializing in the photos. After reading her biography, I realized the connection I was feeling. Prior to Gun’s art career, she was a child psychologist who decided to change professions at forty years old. Perhaps the lost souls, she worked with are haunting her works. Nonetheless, her work is fantastic. She has talent at creating powerful images.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked these also, I'ld like to try something like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting image. The picture of the woman looks like Penelope Cruz

    ReplyDelete