Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to Class!


My main interest is photography and I earned an M.F.A. in still photography from Rochester Institute of Technology. At Albertus I teach not only Photography but a range of other courses which include Digital Photography both online and face to face, Foundation Design (2-D and 3-D), Graphic Design, Ceramics, Intro to Computer Art, 20th Century Art History and The Museum Experience. I have been fascinated with digital art since its early beginnings in the early 1980's  (I have a photograph of my 30 yr old son constructing digital fractal trees on our computer when he was 2 1/2!

To learn more about me, take a look around at my web site, http://jnevins.com. You can find a statement of my teaching philosophy (very student centered), syllabi from my other classes, a resume (called a Curriculum Vita in academic circles), tutorials on digital photography issues, portfolios of my work and more.

I look forward to working with you!

Photo: Leading a discussion at Yale Art Gallery of historically important photographs in their research/archive department.

No comments:

Post a Comment