Sunday, January 31, 2010

MOCA Week 3


This is Bloody String Theory by Constance Peckman. I LOVE the artwork here, as it appears to be some blueprint of a cathedral building which secretly holds underground laboratorys or libraries of some sort. The colors are brilliant and the blackness which highlights the architecture give it an epic feeling of importance within these walls.
"Wireframe is an intergal part of Second Life. It is the core of our world. Our foundation. The skeleton of our pixelated beings and our environments. Definitely wireframe was created by and for computer geeks, which does not include me. I stumbled upon it and was immediately enchanted with it. I am positive it was created for no other purpose than for me to play with."
"To document our own personally created world and to display our human emotions and beauty through this virtual world has become my challenge and art form of choice. There are few joys that match what I feel when I capture a very human emotion or living scene discernable in a wireframe format. I hope some of my work will relate to you."
From Constancepeckman.com you can order this print. It is actually the centerpiece on her main page of the website.
Name: Bloody String Theory
Genre: Wireart
Medium: Fine art paper
I highly advise checking her website out, as there are some AWESOME examples of art there...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Alacard, I was merely trying to update my work and happened onto this. It was a wonderful surprise to see and I thank you for your very warm words.
    I haven't been good about posting new work to it, but with your comments I am once again fired up and will shortly bring new work into it. Thank you again. Connie Peckman

    ReplyDelete