Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blinded by Oliver Wetter


I found Oliver Wetter’s work quite strange, sinister and interesting. I really liked his pieces. I particularly like this piece because she is dressed all in red, my favorite color and it looks good against the yellow cracked wall background. Not having eyes really did not bother me as she makes a statement just in the way she is standing. The woman has a come-hither look; seductive and alluring yet inviting with the way she is holding her hands which I might add are also red. He creates in almost all Medias but feels the digital medium is by far the best tool for him to create without boundaries. His digital art today is an amalgam of painting, digital illustration, 3-d modeling, photography, and typography. All genres are how he thinks of his art. He says, "To describe my art is something difficult, because it is a progressive development towards the perfect use of nearly every media. The style is Magritte inspired symbolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment