Tuesday, January 12, 2010

MOCA Week 1


While looking through all the pieces on this website, the artwork by Sebastian Marquez really caught my eye because it is very impressionistic and that is my favorite type of art. This was my favorite of his pieces on this website; it is titled "Opera."
He studied art in Barcelona and has been doing computer art for about 14 years. Marquez uses a pressure-sensitive pen to draw these images in Paint Shop Pro and Painter. Most of his work uses bright colors, such as the bright green trees and yellow building in this piece. "Opera" is a landscape of waterfront buildings, as many of his pieces are. Marquez also seems to do a lot of portraits, some of them nude. I really like his work because I am a huge fan of impressionism, landscapes and the bright colors he uses.

1 comment:

  1. Good Jess... maybe you will push your first project in this direction yourself!

    ReplyDelete